Forums  ›  General  ›  General discussions

Changing home page header cover

@Johnk, i have not had a chance to collect or search for any photos yet, been very busy

@Geek_Girl. I've PM'd you.

The Splash is controlled by code in /admin/settings/basic settings and I've replaced the code in my "Demo" example

I would be interested in knowing what splash code you are using.  Not all splash code is compatible; I have tried several that ran into JQuery conflicts.  So if you have one that works well I am interested in knowing which one.

You obviously didn't follow the link in my "I Wish" post. Go to http://digital-junction.com/demo and look at everything there. Not only will you find the cover you may want, but you can also do wonderful things with member's profile covers. Play with the links as discussed in the demo and it will all come clear to you.

If you want  the code which is exceptionally easy to add to your site, just let me know. It's 2am here so I won't read your response until tomorrow.

Ok, ummm i need to get some pictures or a picture and get back to you here.

@Geek_Girl is correct when she says there's no "Cover" on the home page. I was guessing that you meant the "Splash" Section where it says "Be the Gift You Bring". It takes up the same space the Cover uses on a profile page.

The Splash is controlled by code in /admin/settings/basic settings and I've replaced the code in my "Demo" example.

I don't have a graphic header on my demo site, but to have a header like the "Cheetah" header and image above, you also do that just above the "Splash" section.

Once again, make it a habit of clearing the cache after you make changes. admin/tools/cache

If you follow the link in John's reply, you can clearly see the header on the page with the title of the site.  That is the header.  You can upload an image into the header and then adjust the CSS code for it to appear how you wish.  The templates in Cheetah are very powerful, one of the things that always impressed me with the platform.  You can add keys that will generate custom content based on whatever you desire.  For example, you can insert a custom menu that will be different based on the membership level of the person viewing the site.

There is no "cover" block on the home page.  There is a header on the home page that you can upload a logo into that block.  In General settings in the backend, there is a place to upload a logo  Of course the logo can be an image.  Then using CSS, you can make the image fit the width of the header.

You obviously didn't follow the link in my "I Wish" post. Go to http://digital-junction.com/demo and look at everything there. Not only will you find the cover you may want, but you can also do wonderful things with member's profile covers. Play with the links as discussed in the demo and it will all come clear to you.

If you want  the code which is exceptionally easy to add to your site, just let me know. It's 2am here so I won't read your response until tomorrow.

Or if anyone has any ideas on how to create one?

I'm curious if anyone knows of a program/application that creates custom covers for home page? I would like to change the default cover on my site with one that relates to my site. A cover that catches the attention of visitors?