Forums  ›  This website  ›  Bugs and other problems with THIS WEBSITE. Not your cheetah site.

Answers Module

I will also look into the reported issues.

Christmas Sale on modules - https://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/Christmas-Sale--2021-12-18.htm

Deano, I've struck another problem you can fix immediately. I recently asked a question asking how a page was resolved from data in a database. This wasn't something II only wanted to know. It was a question that was asked in many ways in the forums. Both Geek_Girl and yourself answered. Although both replies didn't resolve the problem, they both made it quite clear that the problem wasn't easily resolved. I considered this to be valuable information.

I use the Answers module on my site so that people can look for the same or similar questions and get help that way rather than asking in the forums. However, you have the answers module set so that it deletes answered questions.

Can you please go to the second last setting and untick: Delete Questions Whose Voting Period Has Ended And No Best Answer Is Selected

I just checked that setting and it already is unchecked. And i did not delete it either, so i do not know what happened there.

Deano, I've struck another problem you can fix immediately. I recently asked a question asking how a page was resolved from data in a database. This wasn't something II only wanted to know. It was a question that was asked in many ways in the forums. Both Geek_Girl and yourself answered. Although both replies didn't resolve the problem, they both made it quite clear that the problem wasn't easily resolved. I considered this to be valuable information.

I use the Answers module on my site so that people can look for the same or similar questions and get help that way rather than asking in the forums. However, you have the answers module set so that it deletes answered questions.

Can you please go to the second last setting and untick: Delete Questions Whose Voting Period Has Ended And No Best Answer Is Selected

I just struck a similar problem in the Suggestions Module as well. If you expand the Comments box using the arrows on the bottom right,  any text already entered disappears off the right side of the box. The text is still there, but you can't read it or otherwise correct it unless you do a carriage return, then the right margin looks whacky.

Gee!

When you get time, maybe just increase the height of the comments box so that people can see several lines, not just three. Hopefully they then won't try to enlarge it.

Yes. i have noticed that as well. When i get some more time i will do some work on his module.

I've detected a problem in the Answers module. When a person replies:

1. The text is very small

2. Paragraph spacing is removed.

3. Other formatting not possible. Modzzz hasn't used tinymce in the answers section, yet people may wish to format their answers for easy reading by the author.

As I also have this module, I'm experiencing the same problem. If you decide to fix it, can you please share the file?

Thanks.